Ever wonder what medical sales reps like most about their jobs? MassDevice reported the findings from a survey of more than 1,400 sales reps in the 2016 Best Places to Work in Medical Sales survey. Take a look at what they found:
- 72% of those responding were satisfied or very satisfied with their job. Nonetheless, about one-half said they were actively seeking a new job.
- Medical sales reps report that what they like best about their jobs is their relationships with patients and providers (21%). It was followed by autonomy/flexibility (16%) and ability to make an impact (12%).
- The sales reps who are least satisfied with their jobs make the least money (6%).
- When reps were asked to identify the least favorite part of their jobs, 14% of the reps rated management/leadership first followed by money (9%) and travel (8%).
- And, finally, what makes a company great to work for? The top three reasons were: competitive compensation (66%), emphasis on work-life balance (62%), and strong product line (52%).
You can see some great graphs and charts depicting the survey findings here.
If you found this post helpful, you might want to join the conversation and subscribe to the Sales Training Connection.
©2016 Sales Momentum® LLC